Every year about this time pumpkin flavor is everywhere! I LOVE pumpkin, but hate the artificial flavors used in most products. A couple of years ago my husband ran across a recipe for crockpot pumpkin spice latte with real pumpkin. It was delicious and we have been making it for fall get togethers ever since.
I thought I would write a quick post and share this yummy recipe with you. It is so simple. Seriously! You just dump everything in a crockpot (or stovetop if you prefer) give it a stir and walk away. It is hot and ready when your guests arrive.
I made mine vegan minus the whipped cream for the photo, but you can use any type of milk. Just use what you usually drink.
Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Latte
makes 2 servings
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla (yes Tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon *
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg*
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves*
- 3/4 cup strong new coffee.
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot and stir. Set crockpot on low and let latte warm for several hours. If you prefer to speed the process up you can make this on the stovetop. Just make sure to watch that it doesn’t boil over. It makes a HUGE mess. Wanna guess how I know?
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg and enjoy!
***If you only have pumpkin pie spice you can use 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and omit the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
Don’t forget to join myself and other bloggers for our Festive Fall Home Tours hosted by Chatham Hill On The Lakes starting September 21st!